10 Year Warranty Scheme
GoldShield covers years 3–10
You will have protection against any major inherent defect in the structure of your home. An inherent defect is defined as a fault present, but not known at the time of purchase. Below are some of the things you will be covered for but to the full list of things that is included in the cover is specified in the Home Owner’s Warranty Cover document.
Windows & Door Frames
- PVCu Frames (10 years)
- PVCu External Doors (10 years)
- Glazing Units (5 years)
- Including the seals within their units, but not those surrounding them
- Installation of the tiled roof
- Roof trusses
- Flashings, valleys and hip
- Roof insulation (not including vermin damage) where part of another claim
- Timber Joists
- Softwood frames
- Insulation (except damage from vermin or plumbing leaks)
- Flooring and skirting boards
- Wall frame
- Fascia and soffits
- Underfloor insulation
Registering your new home
- When you purchase your home, you will receive a Home Owner’s Application Form. If not then please contact GoldShield to obtain one.
- You and the vendor, normally the Park Owner, will complete the form and send it to GoldShield either via the online form or with printed form by post, within 90 days of purchasing your home.
- GoldShield will send you a Home Owner’s Registration Pack including a certificate confirming your cover and a copy of the Rules and Regulations. Make sure you keep this in a safe place as it will be needed in the event of a claim.
For your peace of mind we can now offer you:
All of your annual obligations
carried out by a fully trained inspector
GoldShield Care Plus
All of the benefits of GoldShield Care
+ much more
GoldShield Total Care
GoldShield Care Plus that even includes the cost of paint
GoldShield Registered Parks
The first thing that you need to do is confirm that the park is registered with GoldShield before you purchase your home.
Contact GoldShield on 0191 258 8124
to confirm this or go to our park finder map.